Wednesday 9 November 2011

Teddybears - Weed In A Rizzla (feat. Trimbal)

Electronic music and I have a strange relationship.  I would like say that I'm a strictly-minimal fan, but that would go against everything this blog stands for, right?  Though I am most partial to the slowed down beats, minimal effects and instrumental sound of Dam Mantle and Nicolas Jaar, I sometimes come across an electronic track that is like nothing I've ever liked before.  Enter Teddybears, a Swedish trio who will probably creep you out a bit if you look them up on google images, so let's focus on their music.  It's club music, and if this is what's playing in the Stockholm dens, count me on the next flight over the Atlantic.  Their track that reeled me in to a new style of electronic music is "Weed In A Rizzla."  Listen closely to what they're saying and you'll be able to pick it out.

"Weed In a Rizzla" is a throbbing dance number that is beautiful in a wonderfully dirty way.  You've got your bass, your digitized vocals, and the track as a whole doesn't sound like it's trying too hard.  You'd be crazy if you refused to dance to this.  If you're listening to it as you read this (which I recommend for every song that I recommend), then you're probably moving a little right now, even if you're in public.  It's okay if you're sitting at Starbucks right now.  Move your shoulders a little.  I commend Teddybears for showing me that club electronic music doesn't have to be unoriginal.  This isn't really like anything I've heard before, and I want to hear more.

No comments:

Post a Comment