Monday 7 November 2011

Mexicans With Guns - Highway To Hell (Ridin' Dirty Mix) (feat. Bun B & Freddie Gibbs)

I might call "Highway To Hell" a fun song.  It doesn't initially come off as "fun," but it still falls into that category of songs you love listening to over and over again.  You don't get tired of this!  We can call this another instances of unique rapping, and as a growing Freddie Gibbs fan, I can't argue with what's going on here.  I'm less familiar with the other rappers here, but some quick research allows me to look into Mexicans With Guns (a.k.a Ernest Gonzales) and Bun B. (from Houston, and he's got a damn fine voice).  What do the three of them achieve with this Ridin' Dirty mix of "Highway To Hell" (in no relation to the ACDC song)?

Brilliance.

This isn't in-your-face-rap.  You're not going to encounter someone screaming at you through you computer.  This is subdued without being too soft.  It's still gritty, and it's still wondrous.  I gotta make this money even if I don't make it home.  It's kind of sad in a way, but still fun in a way that it catches your attention in a way it's never been reeled in before.  I'm flying down the interstate, I'm on a highway to hell

No comments:

Post a Comment