Monday 28 November 2011

Emmy The Great - Century of Sleep

Yeah, I know it's been a while since I've brought you some musical genius.  Blame it on a weekend of epic proportions, though now is the time to get back to business.

Emmy The Great is a singer-songwriter than will grab your with the instrumental side of her songs, as well as the lyrics and that beautiful voice.  The girl is good.  "Century of Sleep" has been a mainstay with my playlists ever since I got it from rcrdlbl, and shows no sign of going anywhere soon.  Now, I've decided the lyrics are the best part right here on the spot, and I'm sure you'll agree with me...

Come back, come back, before you said
Come back so you can see
There are roses in the flowerbeds where there never used to be

What genre is this greatness?  Not your mother's folk.  It's just one of those songs I bring up now and again, where you just listen and know it's good without having to think about it.  Why argue with me if you disagree?  Just listen to this and thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment