Tuesday 15 November 2011

Banquets - Sometimes A Wolf

I have a new favourite alternative band.  Like, a band I can actually listen to for more than a week without getting bored.  Oh, Banquets, you know just what I like.  The New Jersey group first appeared on the blog with the wondrous, absolutely perfect "Fireplug."  Who knew that the other songs from their stellar Top Button, Bottom Shelf could be just as perfect?  I have yet to find a track I don't like, but perhaps the front runner of the moment is "Sometimes A Wolf."

Banquets makes music that is fun and insanely catchy, and "Sometimes A Wolf" is no exception.  In two minutes and forty-five seconds, your attention is held and you realize something...hey, these guys are good!  This is alternative that will last longer than its predecessors; it won't get old.  Lead singer Travis Omilian also has an exceptional voice, not like the whiny leads I'm used to encountering in the genre.  And could I really not like a band whose hobbies include counting money and shotgunning Bud Lite Limes?  No, that would be crazy talk!  I am now a full-fledged Banquets maniac.  I'm even trying to find a way to get my hands on a band t-shirt.  Just listen to their whole album.  The songs are short, so it won't even take that long.  You can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment