Tuesday 29 November 2011

Bleached - Searching Through The Past

Surfer rock is my new best friend in the world of music, and when you put two sisters at the helm of the operation and put in a little more rock and take out some of those waves...what do you have?  Bleached, an LA girl rock duo that produces beach-friendly material that doesn't stray to far from some rocking roots.  The Calvin sisters, along with their backing members, know exactly what they're doing here, especially with the standout track from their upcoming release, "Searching Through The Past."

You've got folky-rocky vocals, catchy guitars, and lyrics you can understand and sing along with here.  I've been searching through the past, thinking about what we once had...boy, don't tell me I'm crazy.  And don't tell me that I'm crazy for associating this with surfer rock.  I would listen to this on the beach.  It's just fun music...and with that delicate few seconds of the high notes of a keyboard?  Genius.  Maybe I've been searching through my 4400+ songs for something like this.  I won't get tired of "searching through the past" anytime soon, or Bleached for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment