Sunday 6 November 2011

Dead and Divine - Antimacy

I've made a somewhat valiant return after a short absence!  Blame me, if you must.  I've been taking the town down, and then some, and most importantly, finally getting my hands on the new Dead and Divine album, Antimacy.  Let me just say one thing about the entire album as a whole: OH EM GEE.  Yeah, I went there.  It's more The Fanciful than The Machines We Are, and I'm not complaining one bit.  You've got the hardcore elements with a hint of where the band came from.  Call it a happy medium between hardcore and alternative.  There is a reason these guys are my favourite band right now.  The highlight of the album that has caught me in a tight grip so far?  The title track, "Antimacy."

Your love is amphetamine
I've lost all feeling in my extremities
But I could be
I could be your one and only

This is everything I loved about their last two albums, condensed into nearly three and a half minutes of wondrous music.  The guitars will melt your face off, and the raw vocals compliment those riffs to no degree.  You've even got a nice section of clean vocals that doesn't seem out of place, and comes in at the perfect time.  This is a song about strange love, but is beautiful in that same strange way.  I have hopes that these guys will someday be as big as Alexisonfire, but even if their popularity does not grow, I will always be a loyal fan.  If this is love, load me up.  I love this song.  Load me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment