Monday 12 December 2011

Keepaway - Cake

Now, to finally drag myself off of memebase to share a song I've been wanting to share for a long time...

It's official.  I'm obsessed with electro indie.  Those vocals, those beats...I'm all over that stuff.  Expect more for the duration of this blog's life (which I assume will be until the day I die, and I plan to live forever).  In today's edition of "Electro Indie Songs I Like And That You Should Like Too" is "Cake" by the brilliant trio that is Keepaway.  This is on the more psychedelic side of electro indie, think of a DJ in Hawaii and a flutist in a nearby tree.  That's "Cake."

Lamenting that there's no cake for the curious, Keepaway pulls a risky move with mentioning the band name in the opening of the song, but I'll let it slide because this track is brilliant.  It's mystical, fantastical...just good music.  Of course.  I think it's the flute-like sound in the background of the chorus that gets me.  Or the not-typical indie vocals.  Or the fact that you can move a little to the beats.  Or that it plants the subconscious idea in my head that I want cake.  Come whatever may.

No comments:

Post a Comment