Thursday 22 December 2011

Krautschädl - Vire

What's wrong with fun German rock?  Nothing, really.  While browsing through freegal one fine afternoon, I came across Krautschädl, an Austrian trio that immediately grabbed my attention.  Sure I have no idea what they're saying, but I don't mind.  Their brand of punky-ska-rock is catchy, and reminds me a bit of Ludo.  Who cares if my German doesn't extend past a few words picked up from my dad (who admits to speaking "bad German?")  "Vire" is what I enjoy the most of their repertoire.  Though it doesn't seem to have a German translation according to Google Translate, it is French for turns.

"Vire" is what you'd get if you took Ludo, made them perform in German.  As simple as that, though there is more to it.  I'm a fan of that saxophone in the background that jazzes it up a bit.  The vocals are pretty good too.  "Vire" is just a fun song that happens to be in German, reinforcing what I try to point out with every non-English selection I feature.  You don't need to speak a language to appreciate it in song.  So do something crazy today.  Listen to some German.  The video for this song isn't half bad either....

No comments:

Post a Comment