Monday 5 December 2011

Nightwish - The Crow, The Owl And The Dove

Well then.  I have a new obsession.  Nightwish's very new release, Imaginaerum.  I've been drooling over it all morning.  I thought "Storytime" was good...but little did I know what they were riding within the rest of the selections.  Though most tracks have that lush symphonic metal sound that's full of theatrics, it seems that the gems of the album are acoustic-accompanied ditties and slowed-down numbers that will put you into a cardiac arrest state of awesomeness.  I've had trouble picking a new favourite.  The wondrous "Slow, Love, Slow" is worth listening to a million times in a row, but there is beauty elsewhere.  Maybe it's the bird enthusiast in me that drew me to "The Crow, The Owl And The Dove."

Here we have a bit of a duet between Annette and Marco.  And Annette...let's just say this album is hers.  Listen to the whole thing and you'll find yourself asking Tarja who?  "The Crow, The Owl And The Dove" offers that lovely acoustic beauty leading into a bit of a climax, where the tempo picks up ever-so-slightly and you get a hint of theatrics.  This is just slow, beautiful music that listeners outside of the metal genre can enjoy.  Hell, the whole album can be enjoyed by the masses.  Now, listen to what I'm about to tell you...exactly, word-for-word.  Get this album.  Now.  Or at least listen to this and "Slow, Love, Slow" too.

I also have a girl crush on Annette now.  Sorry, Beatrice Martin!

No comments:

Post a Comment