Tuesday 20 December 2011

Lissy Trullie - Madeleine

What am I in the mood for today?  Besides finishing my gift shopping and seeing everyone here before I go home?  Slow indie guitars.  Beautiful vocals.  Something I've never heard before.  Aha!  How about the wondrous "Madeleine" by New York, New York collective Lissy Trullie.  I say collective because this is a band whose name is opposite in concept from Florence + The Machine or Marina And The Diamonds.  Lissy Trullie herself is the frontwoman, but she still has a talented backing band behind her.

"Madeleine" has everything that I'm in the mood for today.  It's the perfect song for those slow mornings where you'd rather sit back and sip tea than read 28 pages of enviro notes.  Nothing like some slowed-down indie in the morning.  I'm in love with the guitars too.  Lyrics?  Madeleine, Madeleine, all the worry's gone awry, hope the doctor makes it right... for a taste.  So what are you waiting for?  Go out and acquire!

No comments:

Post a Comment