Wednesday 7 December 2011

Hollywood Undead - This Love, This Hate

Even though the internet in my house is INCREDIBLY SLOW, I will always find a way to blog. At my sister's suggestion (because she doesn't want me to change the song.  I was hoping to get to some Avey Tare today, though that will have to wait until tomorrow), I am revisiting an album that is quite possibly one of the best I've ever heard.  Yes, it's what you're thinking of, I hope.  Hollywood Undead's Swan Songs, which in my opinion could take American Tragedy down the block and around the corner.  It features a plethora of wondrous tracks, and perhaps one of the most wondrous is the somewhat-uplifting-somewhat-depressing "This Love, This Hate."

You've got some electro beats pulsing in the background here, which I am never one to oppose.  Hollywood Undead is also a collective that I praise for their lyrical genius and the ability to work together as a group in a wonderful way.  Think of them as the American Swollen Members, with a few extras tacked on.  "This Love, This Hate" looks at uncertainty in the future.  Should we continue what we are doing?  Why not change if things are going this bad?

What will happen to my soul?
Will I come back?  I don't know.
Will you meet me when it's over?  Let me know.
You can meet here in heaven, don't you ever let me go.

Dear Hollywood Undead, never go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment