Sunday 18 December 2011

Until I Bleed Dry - Lungs Collapsed

Until I Bleed Dry is a few things.  Hard to research.  A metalcore band.  Not together anymore.  Barely on youtube but with an album on freegal.  Said album, I Dream of Angels and Wake Upon Demons, was featured on freegal, and as I acquired the tracks, their style of music grew on me.  It's not the metalcore/hardcore that I'm used to, but it's the things that make it different that draw me in.  And a word to the wise...proceed with caution.  Until I Bleed Dry isn't for the pop fans reading this.  And if you are a strictly pop fan reading this, I'd rather you wouldn't.

"Lungs Collapsed" is the best of the album, rife with gritty vocals, and a mix of grimy (in a good way) and alternative-ish guitars.  The secret behind Until I Bleed Dry is the power and emotion put into every word and every chord.  Understanding every word is overrated.  Every growl has a reason, and it's quite possible that by hearing the spoken line I regret the day I ever hurt you, the entire song is understood.  And I refuse to ever take a back seat, and I will never be yours...  That helps too.  So what are you waiting for?  Just do your best searching, find Until I Bleed Dry (who shouldn't have broken up), and enjoy every scream.
Here's a live performance, as well as the track itself.



No comments:

Post a Comment