Friday 9 December 2011

Avey Tare - Lucky 1

Here is the Avey Tare I promised, one day late.  It's the exam period...c'mon.

Anyways, I was home on Wednesday browsing through my itunes library, when I came across a track that I hadn't seen in a long time.  I had literally forgotten about it.  It, being "Lucky 1" by the half-man-half-crocodile that is the great Avey Tare.  I will be saddened if you don't know who he is, as Mr. Tare is an electronic god of sorts, his domain being the experimental side of the tracks.  "Lucky 1" is his anthem, a swampy track that pulses around indie vocals.

Imagine yourself on a boat through the underworld, if you will.  The underworld is a swamp, if you believe the Greeks.  "Lucky 1" is what Charon would sing to you as he paddles you through the water.  Now that's a hell I wouldn't mind going to.  What do I recommend for the full psychedelic experience?  Go to Mr. Tare's website and watch the video created for "Lucky 1."  You're welcome.  I'm also in love with the website design.  So what's my point today?  Avey Tare might have slipped off my radar for a short time, but now I will make sure that doesn't happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment