Sunday 4 December 2011

Teddybears feat. B.o.B - Get Mama A House

When I posted about their song "Weed In A Rizzla," I wrote off the three-piece Swedish outfit Teddybears as a strictly electronic/club act.  I should have known better.  While their music still holds onto that electronic influence, their songs are spread across the board as far as the blending of genres goes.  Exploring through their tracks on youtube, I came across one that stood out in particular..."Get Mama A House," a collaboration with generally good rapper B.o.B.  Here we have electronic mixed with hip-hop and a little dash of alternative.  What can we call it?  Just good plain music.

The best part of it all?

Look, I'm as high as the sun
Shut your mouth boy, when will you learn?
Mama, haven't you heard?
We so down all over the world

Here Teddybears have shown that they're no act you'll hear once in the club and forget about the morning after as you recollect your thoughts.  They are a versatile group that I have grossly underestimated.  The message isn't half-bad either.  After all, who wouldn't want to get their mama a house?

No comments:

Post a Comment