Friday 30 December 2011

Not The 1s - Your Dad Hate Me

Not The 1s is a rap duo of yin and yang proportions.  Cuzzo and MC Mawnstr are easy to tell apart by their different rapping registers, but the contrast is what allows them to compliment each other.  Is that possible?  I was never good with that part of art class.  They give us the stellar "Your Dad Hate Me," a rap ditty that might make you laugh, make you think, or make you dance.  This is the problems with their girlfriends' dads, set to some 80's beats thumping in the background.

By the way pops, you're not the only one she's calling daddy.

This is the definition of fun rap.  Not The 1s are just two guys rapping their way about what they want, and it's brilliant.  This is also the definition of lyrical genius.  And I know I'm not so polite, in fact I'm more like dolomite.  I'm not the guy to show up with a bouquet, I'm the kind of guy your daughter wanna show her pussy to.  I'm sure that if I brought home two guys like this, my dad might whip out a rusty chain and start swinging it around with a cinderblock tied to one end.  Or something like that.  I'm fine with enjoying the song only, and not the characters in real life.  That's what fun rap is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment