Sunday 12 February 2012

Future - Deeper Than The Ocean

Future...the future of rap?  This lad hails from Atlanta but is based in Indiana, and I picked up his mixtape Astronaut Status via rcrdlbl.  Firstly, this site has become my go-to place for my rap mixtapes.  I haven't been disappointed yet.  Astronaut Status is a consistent effort that's not really like anything I've heard before.  And I love it.  Of the stand-out tracks, the change-of-pace "Deeper Than The Ocean," produced by Will-A-Fool, is perhaps the most stand-out of them all.

Blame the cut of a few acoustic notes.

This could be called a mellow rap song.  It's not too aggressive or in-your-face, but it still grabs your attention for being so different.  Every rapper should do something like "Deeper Than The Ocean" at least once.  There's a pang of sadness that stands out in the chorus, and emotion in the verses than I'd like to see more in the rap genre.  Yes, Future is the future of rap.  I've got my radar on high alert for an album to come my way.

Blame the cut of the electric notes at the end of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment