Tuesday 28 February 2012

Battle Beast - Enter The Metal World

First, on an unrelated note, I made "Game of Thrones Freestyle" my ringtone.  And I love it.

Now, back to the music.  Let's do something here.  Let's take Iron Maiden and let a woman run the helm of the ship.  Sorry, Bruce (though you're still a forever fave, I'll be seeing you at Bayfest this summer).  That's how I like to think of Finland's Battle Beast, the heavy metal sextet that's opening for Nightwish in Europe this spring.  You'll hear it too, don't worry, and swear that Nitte Valo is Bruce Dickenson's long-lost Finnish female counterpart.

"Enter The Metal World" was an easy choice for a feature.  This is the way metal sounded when the genre first began, with a modern twist, of course.  It's nothing too thrashy or screamo (though, there's nothing wrong with the latter).  It was made to rock out to.  I might have a new girl crush on Ms. Valo (who looks like metal's Jann Arden, amirite?), which grew as she first sang it's not the sun in the sky that shines on me when I cry, it's not the one we all can see, the one that lives in me...  Sorry, former girl crushes.  You wish you could hit the notes Nitte nails in the chorus.

Stay awesome, and stay rocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment