Tuesday 7 February 2012

Fun. feat. Janelle Monáe - We Are Young

200 posts!  Can you believe it?  I like to get nostalgic; and now with every hundredth post, I will make a point of sharing something worth sharing (though it all is).  The gems.  The epics.  This is for all of you who read, because without you, this blog would only be read by my sister, brother and friends.

I normally don't like to go mainstream.  Blame the hipster in me.  Fun.'s "We Are Young" is a rather popular song that I first became aware of through Glee; it wasn't until he video was offered for fee on itunes that I realized what I was missing out on.  Who knew something popular could be good (I guess I am a hipster after all...)?  "We Are Young" is a song that is exactly what you think it's about: being young, throwing caution to the wind and the many adventures at the bar.  And it's done well.

Give me a second, I
Need to get my story straight
My friends are in the bathroom getting higher than the Empire State
My lover, she's waiting for me
Just across the bar
My seat's been taken by some sunglasses asking 'bout a scar

The lyrics.  The instruments.  The vocals.  Janelle Monáe.  OMG.  I do wish she could have been in "We Are Young" for a little longer, but I'm content with the final product.  More than content.  And I recommend the video; much so. This is for everyone, merely looking for someone to carry them home tonight.  After all, we are young.

No comments:

Post a Comment