Friday 3 February 2012

Meek Mill - Lean With It

I was going to try to make February a month I posted everyday...guess that idea is dead only three days into the second month of the year, but I try.

My early love of music began with bubblegum pop, and then began to veer into rap and hip-hop.  Though I'm not as exclusive as I was back then, I still enjoy a good rhyme and a good beat together, and have lately found myself enjoying more rap more often.  Though I'll always have my old favourites (Swollen Members, Kanye, Miss Minaj, etc), I'm always looking for new and unknown artists.  Case in point?  Philly's Meek Mill and his danceable "Lean With It."

"Lean With It" is aggressive rap (i.e. the chorus), but some days call for a song that grabs the collar of your shirt and pulls you right in.  The lyrics are just as powerful; Meek Mill isn't someone you should be messing with (when I pull up to the club, you shoulda seen your bitch's face).  This is what should be playing in every club everywhere; no more Flo Rida or Usher for this girl to sway her hips!  Dear Meek Mill, continue to make the rap genre your own.  You've got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment