Wednesday 1 February 2012

Dead and Divine - Goodnight, Quiet City

I'm a little late in the evening posting this, I know.  Well, if we're talking about the eastern time zone.  If you're in Los Angeles right now, ignore this message.

Well now, I suppose the dead of winter is ending sooner than expected.  All of the snow here has melted, and it's been a quiet gloomy day in my neck of the woods.  What is the perfect music for such a day (or any day, for that matter)?  Dead and Divine, of course!  And how about something from their early EP, What Really Happened At Lover's Lane?  Am I looking for an excuse to feature more D&D?  Probably, but this isn't the side of the band you've hopefully seen from my other postings.  This is subdued Dead and Divine, though they are still just as fantastic in "Goodnight, Quiet City."

It's acoustic, of course, but don't you dare say this track is selling out.  How about the first line, pretty you are, enough to be in magazines, a front-page fuck, for this month.  Huh?  Maybe it's just unconditional love for a favourite band, but I quite enjoy every facet that they offer in their repertoire.  "Goodnight, Quiet City" is what I listen to when I'm in that no-metal mood (it happens!) and just want to chill out a bit.  I'm glad my favourite band can help in any way they can.  And does it hurt that Mr. Tobin's vocals are delivered beautifully?  Not at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment