Sunday 5 February 2012

Rusko - Somebody To Love

Bass and I have a troubled relationship, but now and again it redeems itself, and is usually in thanks to the collection of DJs and artists that I call "electronic gods."  The UK's Rusko is one of these gods, and the only one whose dubstep is something I find listenable.  I'm a regular fan of minimal electronic, don't get me wrong, but not and again I like my bass throbbing and deep.  Oh, dear.  Only an electronic god could give us the jazzy, danceable "Somebody To Love."

With the lyrics looping everybody's looking for that somebody to love, don't wanna be lonely, just looking for someone to love, while being chopped up into little pieces...dubstep cannot possibly be better than this in any other instance.  Rusko is a master of bass.  The jazzy part comes from the piano-y "verses," but you've got that hard electronic sound during the "chorus."  Everything contrasts like it should.  Just listen closely; these three minutes will go by too quickly, and before you know it, you'll be hitting the back button.

No comments:

Post a Comment