Wednesday 29 February 2012

Mr. Hudson feat. Kanye West - Supernova

First: to the producers of Glee, include "Supernova" on your list of covers to do.  Have Corey Montieth and Mark Saling as Mr. Hudson and Kanye, respectively.  OMG.

Now, to the actual song.  English pop artist Mr. Hudson might as well be Kanye's bff.  Now, wouldn't I like to be the John Ritter to their Three's Company.  "Supernova" comes from all the way back in 2009, around the time Kanye released my personal favourite 808s & Heartbreak.  You can hear hints of that album in Kanye's vocals, but what "Supernova" really is would be closer to a mix of genres.  Electronic meats hip-hop?  I'll drink to that.

Me and my sister have this thing where one of us will put "Supernova" on our computer and seriously look at each other while singing the opening: and I feel like taking off, let me be your supernova, before you make the biggest mistake of your life, just give me the chance to get it right.  The difference between this and other "pop" songs of 2009 is that it has the potential to last over the years.  It still sounds fresh every time I listen to it, and I know a thing or two about being fresh.  Holla.

No comments:

Post a Comment