Tuesday 21 February 2012

Ugly Kids Club - My Soul

If there ever was a song to describe this blog and everything it stands for and strives to be, its "My Soul" by Nashville indie duo Ugly Kids Club.  Electro indie?  They're close enough for me to call this that, and close enough for me to fall hopelessly in love.

Let's think fuzzy indie mixed with indie pop.  Yupp, it's right in the middle where electro lies, and it turns out wonderfully.  This is a song about music, simply put, and all it does for us.  Music is my lover, she's a saint, she's physical, she's the only lover that can save my soul.  I wouldn't go that deep about my affair with music, but it's pretty damn close.  The electro beats give it that fuzzy-underwater-echo-y feeling.  This isn't your older brother's indie.  This is something else entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment