Sunday 19 February 2012

Tapes 'n Tapes - Freak Out

Fun indie time!  From Minneapolis comes Tapes n' Tapes, a quartet who seems to know what they're doing with the catchy indie rock tune that is "Freak Out."  The guitars are quick, the vocals are infectious, and the lyrics will get you.  This is the formula for success if I have never seen it before.  These guys are masters of indie rock.

I can hear you breathing
I feel the space
And I, oh I...
I'll be the one you'll never know

The track came to me ages ago, and fell off my radar as more songs came into the library.  It happens.  With my collection approaching the holy grail that is 5000, it's easy to lose track of things now and again.  I'll freak out if I let "Freak Out" slip away again.  Let's call it a catchy love song that doesn't come across as much of a love song.  Will you look me in the eye, will you run from what you see, will you see me in the light, I hope you do, I hope you stay...and never leave.  Never leave, Tapes n' Tapes.  Stick around a while, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment