Tuesday 8 January 2013

Stars - A Song Is A Weapon

I'm not done with my Christmas haul just yet.  I'd been lusting after The North for some time in 2011, and the holidays was time for it to finally fall into my possession.  You see, I've been a fan of Stars since In Our Bedroom After The War and also have The Five Ghosts in my library as well.  These indie sweethearts are the definition of Canadian treasures.  At first it was a bit difficult to pick out one track to feature, but the best ideas come to me when I'm not trying to find them. 

"A Song Is A Weapon" can be taken quite literally, if you'd like, with lyrics like I can only hope to kill you with a song.  I like you are the one, you are the bullet in the chamber of the gun.  Perhaps the power of music really is that intense.  An electric guitar takes the subdued route here, and lead Torquil Campbell does his thing...oh, that thing I love so much.  "A Song..." is my favourite kind of sleeper hit; one that crawls into your head and dares to never leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment