Sunday 13 January 2013

Natalie Prass & Among Savages - When I Am Alone

Quiet Sunday mornings require delicate music (unless your taste calls for a dose of metal, which I have no qualms about).  I may not be alone this time around with the roommates hanging around, but I can still appreciate the thought and artistry put into "When I Am Alone" by Virginia indie darling Natalie Prass.  This is how delicate music should be done, people.  Forget everything I've told you before about this.

"When I Am Alone" isn't so much about being alone as it's about being apart from someone.  Example: when I am alone I can feel you watching me.  Listen, you'll get it.  Miss Prass also gets a helping hand from Among Savages, the one-man-band favourite of mine.  Hell, I'm still recovering from his Start at the Beginning EP.  He's quiet in this, but you'll hear him.  Also, as much as you might not expect it for a song like this, there is rising power.  The golden rule is that all delicate songs should be powerful in one way or another; it's the way you choose that sets you apart from the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment