Tuesday 15 January 2013

Fiona Apple - Dull Tool

Have you heard of that new-ish movie This is 40?  It's okay if you haven't, because I myself don't plan on seeing it.  Still, my forever fave Fiona Apple is contributing to the soundtrack!  Fangirling moment aside, listening to "Dull Tool" kind of makes me want to see the movie after all, if it's anything like this.  Judd Apatow and alternative-piano-acoustic loveliness?  Why not?

"Dull Tool" kind of has the same mechanical sound that Tori Amos's "Caught a Lite Sneeze" has, if that's still fresh in your mind.  I can't tell if there's a harpsichord strumming here, but this cacophony is still good in my books.  It's classic Fiona, and there's nothing bad to say about that.  You're more likely to get cut with a dull tool, and you're also more likely to love what's worked for her before.  Get on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment