Thursday 31 January 2013

Among Savages - Cold Wind

Do you remember approximately one year ago when I featured some work by one-man-band Among Savages?  I hope you do, because "Start at the Beginning" is still a favourite of mine, and the EP of the same name is just as good.  However, all things slip through the cracks sooner or later, and the rest of those songs kind of got away from me.  Fast forward to about two weeks ago when "Cold Wind" came up on shuffle one day, and you can probably figure out the story from there.

I actually sent "Cold Wind" to one of my roommates to see what she'd say about it, and though it sounded "like a Christmas song," she liked it.  And with that seal of approval, I knew we had something here.  "Cold Wind" is accessible, and yes, a little winterized, but it's easy on the ears and easy on the mind.  I'm not sure of who the female vocalist is, however, but her and Among Savages work well together on this track.  So it's time for me to plug this in while the snow blows outside.  Fitting.

You're the only thing I want on a snowy night.

No comments:

Post a Comment