Wednesday 16 January 2013

O'Death - Pushing Out

My brother's been riding some weird indie-folk kick lately, which is good, because he's sending me stuff I've never heard of before.  He didn't send me O'Death.  No, no...that find was all me, people.  Think of them as a modern Violent Femmes with a good twist thrown in for good measure.  They've got the gospel-folk-indie thing down pat, but it's this acoustic-charged ditty that reeled me in for good.

"Pushing Out" is startlingly different from the first handful of O'Death tracks I came across some time ago (something like "Spitfire," if you're interested).  It's understated beauty in three and a half minutes, with a melancholy feel to the repetition of I rescind the end.  If they've got more of this up their sleeves, I'm going song-hunting.  Good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment