Monday 21 January 2013

Stars - In Our Bedroom After The War

I know I featured a Stars song maybe two weeks ago at the very least, but this time it's worth the repetition.  I was actually going to have this come before the post about "A Song Is A Weapon," but good things come to those who wait.  "In Our Bedroom After The War" and the album of the same name came my way in the twelfth grade (pushing three years now).  I'd ordered it on a whim from Amazon, not knowing much about the band or even how they sounded.  Risks are worth the reward nine times out of ten, people.  I was instantly smitten by their brand of indie rock, and drooled for hours over the title track.

Few songs can be called perfect.  It takes a lot of questioning my ability to critique music, and questioning my own taste, but "In Our Bedroom..." is indeed perfect.  It's a story on a hill, rising in power and emotion as we follow a couple waking up to find that the war is finally over.  Lift your head and look out the window.  Even with the approaching climax, "In Our Bedroom..." is still very soft and delicate, never overpowering.  And when the chorus breaks out...get ready to soil your pants in amazement. Feel free to tell me if this isn't perfect, because I'll tell you why you're wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment