Monday 7 January 2013

Sarah Brightman & Alexa Vega - Chase The Morning

I ride weird music kicks all of the time, and I've recently got into the soundtrack of Repo! A Genetic Opera.  It's no coincidence that I'm also riding a Sarah Brightman kick after picking up her Time To Say Goodbye from Value Village a few weeks ago.  Naturally, this was bound to happen.  Most of the songs from Repo! are fairly short, but "Chase The Morning" and it's dark musical feel is what got me reeled in.

"Chase The Morning" follows a conversation between the characters played by Brightman and Alexa Vega (you've seen Spy Kids, right?).  Sarah plays a friend of Alexa's deceased mother, and that's essentially the context you need to get the song.  Well, Sarah Brightman plays an opera singer, but that's pretty much expected.  Watch the video.  But the song...oh, the song.  It's catchy, it's dark, and it does its job.  As soon as I get another itunes gift card, I'm buying this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment