Friday 31 January 2014

Lana Del Rey - Once Upon A Dream

We all knew this was coming, and we should all know by now that there are two things you'll see a lot of on this blog.  Nightwish, and like today, Lana Del Rey.  Since my last Lana post, I actually got a poster of her for my room at my school's poster sale, taking my love even farther.  Excellent.  A few weeks ago, I heard that she was covering "Once Upon a Dream" for the new Maleficent movie, and that song was released a few days ago, if you didn't know.  Lana's put her own spin on a Disney classic, turning it from an orchestral songfest to a dark and dreary number that oozes Old Hollywood and glamour at the same time.  Typical Lana, am I right?  "Once Upon A Dream" was made for her to cover, really.  I have childhood memories of the song from watching Sleeping Beauty on VHS, but now I have some new memories to make with this version, and that sounds pretty good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment