Saturday 10 September 2011

Matt and Kim - Block After Block + (Douster Remix)

I bring you the duo, Matt and Kim.  Matt is on vocals and keyboard, Kim is on drums.  They are perhaps one of the best indie acts I've seen in the recent year, first coming onto my radar with the Douster remix of "Block After Block."  Now, the original is amazing in its own right.  It's peppy, full of life, and the video is ah-maze-za-zing.  In the remix, you have the slightly more danceable, electronic counterpart of the original, with less vocals and more sounds you won't hear with Douster helping.

I've decided that is impossible to choose between the two versions.  Usually, I have a preference depending on which version came to me first, and how good the vocals and beats are in the original.  Not here.  Matt can sing like no other indie male lead signer I've heard.  The band hails from Brooklyn, but Matt sounds like he's singing with a Scandinavian accent.  Nothing wrong with that, it just sets him apart from others in an interesting way.  And Kim?  She is a drum goddess.

So in this case, you get the best of both worlds.  Indie and electronic versions of one amazing song, both amazing apart.  But why stop there?  Keep listening to Matt and Kim.  A duo like this doesn't come around often.



No comments:

Post a Comment