Monday 12 September 2011

Zee Avi - Swell Window

Zee Avi is a wonderful singer-songwriter that hails from Borneo in Malaysia, weaving a dreamy voice with a folky guitar.  For the person that is running on very little sleep (explaining my absence yesterday), it sends you to a land of sleep, in a good way.  I'm always looking for music that I can listen to while drifting off, after discovering this summer that it's easier to go to sleep while the TV or ipod is on.  "Swell Window" is just that.  And before you think, only boring songs can put you to sleep! think again!  This song is anything but boring!

The titular line will get stuck in your head, along with the soft strum of the guitar.  Like a swell window, I will wait for you, ride the moment 'til I catch you again, 'til I catch you again.  This is true beauty in music.  it gets even better when Miss Avi sings the chorus in around near the end of the song.  One word?  Brilliant!  Listen closely to the lyrics and you'll be transported to a calm morning on the ocean, bobbing up and down on a surfboard as you wait for the waves to pick up.

Dream land won't get any more peaceful and wondrous than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment