Monday 26 September 2011

Kreesha Turner - Rock Paper Scissors

"Don't Call Me Baby" used to be a staple of the stuck in my head at the moment playlist.  I didn't necessarily like that song, and I still don't really, but there's no arguing that Kreesha Turner is a both a powerhouse and a gifted songstress.  Her newest single, "Rock Paper Scissors" lands her in my good graces, for both the catchy tune and a not-half-bad music video.

"Rock Paper Scissors" owes its infectious tune to the pound of drums throughout, giving it a mysterious jungle-ish feel.  And the chorus...that sucker will get into your head by the time the song has closed.  As one fan said on a recent episode of New Music Live on MuchMusic, her strategy from the real decision game came from the song.  Rock paper scissors paper scissors rock rock paper scissors paper scissors paper.  Who knew that three words in a specific sequence could follow you around for an excess of three days (and counting)?  Though I'm not one for frequently featuring Top 40-ish pop songs, I make exceptions for greatness.  Ms. Turner knows greatness, and how to get a song on my radar.  I commend you, Kreesha, for redeeming yourself from "Don't Call Me Baby."

No comments:

Post a Comment