Friday 9 September 2011

Whitehorse - Emerald Isle

Lyrics can be found at this link: http://fromalt2zen.blogspot.com/2011/10/lyrics-emerald-isle-whitehorse.html

It's always a hit-or-miss situation with the free songs available on itunes every week.  Sometimes you get something brilliant (like "Mercure au Chrome et P'tits Pansements," still reigning as one of my most-viewed posts) or something that makes you say aloud, "oh, this is why it's free..."  I can say that last week's English-language, "Emerald Isle" by the beautiful Whitehorse fell onto the brilliant side of the spectrum.  It might just be my favourite free song in a loooong time.

Beginning, I'll wait on the emerald isle for you to come and rescue me from every step that I can't make, feet don't you ever break, drag me over that line, you get the idea that this is going to be amazing.  I've started to live by the proverb that good things can happen in less than three minutes.  Clocking in at two minutes and forty-six seconds, "Emerald Isle" proves it on each listen.  You have two voices that compliment each other, and I'm always up for a good male-female duet.  Though I am unable to find the artist's names (Luke and Melissa....I need last names!  What good is Google and Wikipedia??), their lyrical prowess and instrumental power amazes me every time.

I've got it at nine listens so far.  Let's see how high that'll be in a week...

No comments:

Post a Comment