Sunday 25 September 2011

Aaron Neville - The Grand Tour

Maybe I've still got some country in my blood, or maybe it's just that the oldies have got a grip on me as of late.  A favourite for the last little while has been Aaron Neville's cover of the country classic "The Grand Tour."  Mr. Neville gives the song a brilliant element of soul from his R&B roots that saves it from falling into typical country song about broken hearts territory.  He's doing this right.  You've got a wonderful song about a horrible subject here, and probably not for you if sad songs make you sad (who knew?).  I see "The Grand Tour" as more inspiring than depressing.  It paints a picture of a sad man showing you through his home, specifically spots that remind him of a long-gone wife.  I'll keep it short and sweet...give this a listen.  Plain and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment