Tuesday 6 September 2011

Natural Child - Nobody Wants To Party With Me

Nothing beats a good indie tune for dreary fall days under a gray sky.  The trio of Natural Child brings their A-game with the speedy, surfer tune "Nobody Wants To Party With Me."  With an atmosphere that reminds you of better summer days when the sun would actually come out and the sky was only different shades of blue.

I'll keep this short, and I'll keep this sweet.  Music has an effect on people.  I know that a few months of bleak music while writing a bleak novel had me feeling rather...bleak.  There are some songs that force you out of your chair and on your feet, pulling a Willow Smith and whipping your hair back and forth.  Natural Child takes breezy guitars, laced into a quick tempo, and once those indie vocals are thrown in...well, you're not left with much but the urge to find the closest beach possible so you can roll in the sand until sundown.

Maybe nobody wants to party with me, but I want to party on to this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment