Wednesday 7 September 2011

30 Seconds To Mars - Night of the Hunter

I've long been a casual fan of 30 Second To Mars.  They were on my radar, let's make that clear, but never as on my radar as other bands (PTH, D&D, etc.).  This changed during my life working in the fields.  Driving between work sites, "Night of the Hunter" came on the radio.  I thought it was good.  It was on again later that week.  I thought it was great.  I'm the kind of person that music grows on.  In fact, I lament that some of the best songs I've featured here were ditties that took several listens to capture my attention.  I'm only human.

What is "Night of the Hunter?"  A good alternative song in a sea of bad alternative songs.  It's hard to go wrong here.  With a fantastical feel, reminiscent of "The Kill (Bury Me)," it contains a few wondrous lyrics and a feeling that it belongs in some sort of werewolf movie.  Well, that's what I think.  The band bridges the fine line between Theory-of-a-Deadman rock with early-2000's-alternative into something unique.  And that French chanteuse adding her own words now and again?  You know I'm partial to female guest vocalists in rock songs.  You didn't?  Well now you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment