Friday 2 September 2011

System of a Down - Suite-Pee

The first song from the first album of one of the greatest bands to ever exist; System of a Down came in with a bang.  I can describe myself as a huge fan.  I have all of the albums, as well as the solo projects by Serj and Daron and John (see the review of 'Insane').  Even though both new projects are wonderful in their respective ways, I am still hopeful that everyone will get back together and start recording albums again.  Their self-titled debut isn't my favourite of their discography (that would be Hypnotize), but includes gems like the insane-in-its-own-right "Suite-Pee."

Beginning with I had an out of body experience the other day, her name was Jesus, and for her everyone cried...with their signature "crazy guitars," SOAD gives you an amazing song as well as an insight into the year ahead.  I admit, they didn't sound like this on their later albums, but you can hints of what appears later on.  And the second half of "Suite-Pee?"  Slowed down and distorted, that's just how I like my bridges to finish.  With lyrics following along their usual lines of religion, government, and world issues, this was SOAD telling the world that they were here to make music their way, and frankly, I still haven't heard anyone who sounds like them.  If only they'd tell the world that they're coming back...

No comments:

Post a Comment