Tuesday 31 January 2012

Among Savages - Start At The Beginning

There are a few things I need you to do for me today. One, download a free copy of Tetrafusion's new EP Horizons, available on their website.  You could always donate a little something-something if you'd like, and my early favourites will be up soon, but you just need to get it. Now.  Two, download the free "Somebody That I Used To Know" video by Gotye from itunes, this week only.  It's the original of Dice Raw's "Game of Thrones Freestyle."  Enough said.

Now, can you do this one more thing for me?  Nashville's Among Savages is a one-man-band of epic proportions, and the fantastical "Start At The Beginning" from the EP of the same name is just as epic.  Let's think orchestral (a word I'm happy to use, because it is always in a good way).  Emotional.  Lush.  Delicate vocals and those wonderful instruments are the stars here.  This is a song for the indie darlings in all of us who are hopelessly addicted to the strings.  Or is that just me?  Or am I just darling?

"Start At The Beginning" isn't for the metalheads who read this (you exist, I know) or the rap fanatics (you definitely read my blog).  It is a song for those willing to take a risk.  I surprised myself by liking this track so much.  Why not surprise yourself on such a glorious day like today, where the snow is already beginning to melt and the sun was shining while it was up?  Be sure to start at the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment