Monday 5 March 2012

Christian Mistress - Black To Gold

I wasn't aware that good metal came out of Washington State (read: metal. Anyone who calls Nirvana metal will get a swift kick to the ribs).  But as always, someone proves me wrong.  In this case, it's a quintet that has me bonking my forehead and restraining the need to say "should have had a v8."  It's Christian Mistress, fronted by the lovely Christine Davis.  This girl is why more girls should be in metal.  Come on, ladies.  The more of us there are, the less men there will be.  Anyways...I've been listening to "Black To Gold" for almost two weeks now, ever since I got it from rcrdlbl, and I can't see myself getting tired of it anytime soon.

Yes, this is metal, but it's not the thrashing-to-oblivion-wailing-screams-to-Lucifer metal that seems to have taken over the scene well into 2012.  This could be called...throwback metal?  The way it used to be done, and should still be done to some degree?  Yes.  The instrumental side of "Black To Gold" is intricate and comes off as ready-to-rock material, while Miss Davis' vocals are the icing on the cake.  Even though there is nowhere to go, oh black to gold, some seek, some dissolve, oh black to gold...

No comments:

Post a Comment