Friday 9 March 2012

Amaranthe - Call Out My Name

They're back, and they've brought their Swedish "melodic death metal" with them!  Amaranthe conjures a few thoughts and ideas involving the subgenres of metal.  Is his really metal?  Is it too commercialized?  No, I don't think much of the latter question, but the band is truly metal.  Not saying they are would take Nightwish out of the genre too.  But that's enough of my little rant for now; needed to get that off of my chest.  Though I have several Amaranthe songs from when I first discovered them, I found a new one that re-sparked my interest in the band.  If only all metal could have the melodic hint to it that's found in "Call Out My Name."

Amaranthe takes advantage of their three vocalists again in "Call Out My Name," with growled verses, clean-male-vocal bridges and a wonderfully energetic female-vocal chorus.  This is another one of those catchy metal songs that I love so much.  I blame the fast tempo, guitar riffs and Elize Ryd's skills as an artist.  She's my Swedish girl crush now...though I still have Annette in Finland.  "Call Out My Name" is simply an entertaining song, an Amaranthe is simply a band that knows how to entertain.  They need to keep this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment