Thursday 29 March 2012

Belle Histoire - Stay Awhile

Lovely indie, for a lovely, yet gloomy and overcast March day.  And perhaps it should be from a lovely indie band I recently discovered: Cincinnati's Bell Histoire.  They're the kind of band that you listen to and wonder, why aren't they known around the world yet?  I'm already looking forward to the day that Bell Histoire makes it big; they've got catchy-fun indie down pat and stand out in a sea of similarities.  What drew me in to such greatness?  "Stay Awhile."

Nice to meet you, I've waited for so long, to find someone I can count on 'til the end.

"Stay Awhile" is a love song, simply put, but doesn't pride itself on being one.  It's cool about it's subject matter, and lets the instrumental side of the track play a role as well.  Lead Jane Smith also has an impressive set of indie pipes.  She reminds me of Laura Stevenson, another indie darling, with just a hint of pop thrown in.  All of this makes "Stay Awhile" worth staying to listen to.  Don't worry, you'll love it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment