Tuesday 20 March 2012

Bahamas - Lost In The Light

From the bedroom community of Barrie, Ontario comes Bahamas.  He's a singer-songwriter who knows a thing or two about the guitar, and is pretty awesome to boot.  I've been slightly aware of his efforts for some time now, but Bahamas officially came onto my radar with the free itunes single of the week "Lost In The Light."  It only reaffirmed his awesome-ness.

After so many words, still nothing's heard, don't know what we should do.  So someone could see me now, let them see you.

"Lost In The Light" is my favourite of types of indie: subdued.  Bahamas croons with the hum of a chorus in the background.  The instruments don't pride themselves in being too strong.  The piano, my favourite part, is delicate and wondrous.  The refrain does infuse some power into "Lost In The Light," when the vocals pipe up and emotions courses through every word.  I would allow "Lost In The Light" to be the soundtrack to my life.  Not only for its music, but for its atmosphere.  It's a little bit sadness, but a little more triumph.  I guess good things can come out of Barrie after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment