Thursday 22 March 2012

Skeletonwitch - Longing for Domination

Who knew good things could come out of Ohio?  I admit my sparse allegiance to the United States lies with the state of Michigan, but the Athens five-piece that is Skeletonwitch has me longing to visit the Buckeye state.  They did play in Kitchener sometime in late 2011...now I am regretful that I didn't go back to the metal club so I could see them.  Skeletonwitch is heavy metal, don't get me wrong, and doesn't fit into the core-prog-symphonic-folk bracket that I enjoy so much.  This is thrash...thrash that I like.  It can happen!

I got "Longing for Domination" from freegal, back when I still used the site to find new music (weren't those the days?).  It's a little less than three minutes of fine guitar work, growling vocals and a feel that isn't too black metal.  There is such a thing, believe me.  This song reminds me of the days when strictly-screaming was my kind of music and nothing else was.  Dear Skeletonwitch, come back to the KW area so I can see you in concert.  Sincerely, a new and devoted fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment