Wednesday 21 March 2012

BBU feat. Mic Terror - Spaghetti

Raw.  Now that's how I like my rap.  And Chicago quartet BBU know a thing or two about keeping rap raw.  There's no need for fancy featured artists or anything along the lines of mainstream (but that's the hipster in me speaking).  This is all about the music, and from their wonderful mixtape Bell Hooks, "Spaghetti" is about as raw as it gets.

The vocals are so nice and primal, I don't mind how aggressive "Spaghetti" may come across as.  The chorus will get you, I promise: How you gonna rip it like this, son, that, son and I'm a black sheep, I'm the real black sheep.  This is the soundtrack to a dirty city I want to reside in.  This is good.  To those who are iffy about the rap genre, this may not be for you.  You've got to be diehard to get into "Spaghetti" and their twisted rhymes.  Trying to be a billionaire?  I'm trying to kill your billionaires.  Sorry, Bruno Mars.  BBU has you here.

No comments:

Post a Comment