Tuesday 27 March 2012

Terry Urban - Lucky Struggle

A few days ago I came across something great.  Really great.  We all remember way back in the day when Jay-Z and The Beatles were brought together in the remixed harmony of The Grey Album.  DJ Terry Urban does the same thing on the mixtape Born Ready To Die with Lana Del Rey and the Notorious B.I.G.  Now, this is golden.  This is what dreams are made of, Hillary Duff.  I've got a slew of favourites, such as "FTW", "Juicy Lolita" and "Notorious Origin," but I already have a special place in my heart and on my ipod for "Lucky Struggle."

"Lucky Struggle" is a cross between Biggie's "Everyday Struggle" on verse duty and Ms. Del Rey's "Lucky Ones" on the chorus and echoing in the background.  I'm drooling.  Biggie is the eternal greatest rapper of all time (the best music in the states comes out of New York, right?) on the track.  He will always be one of the best storytellers through rap, and is complimented by Lana's sped up and higher vocals.  The result is a danceable cross between two genres that Terry Urban should be commended for.  This is greatness in three and a half minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment