Friday 23 March 2012

Mr Fogg - Moving Parts

Mr Fogg is my kind of guy.  His moniker references a fictional character (from a book, even better) and he has this electro-indie thing down pat.  He's also British too!  I'm rather partial to a change from the usual (largely) American and (somewhat frequent) Canadian artists.  It's time to go elsewhere for my electro-indie!  And I found some good stuff.

"Moving Parts" is a delicate ditty with the chime of high notes and vocals filled with both sadness and hope.  It's a minimally electronic symphony here, and I am a big fan.  The chorus veins into a slightly more powerful while still morose: we seem to play small parts, but sometimes lines still cross, sometimes.  See what I mean?  Sad, but hopeful.  You get the idea that bad things have happened, but things can and will get better.  Huh.  It's profound, really.  Mr Fogg, you genius.  I also recommend the acoustic version of "Moving Parts" if you can find it; more of a lonely ditty without that electronic symphony feel, but it's what lead me to the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment