Thursday 8 March 2012

I See Stars - Filth Friends Unite

If you can rip yourself away from the Kony 2012 video for five minutes, I will share something a sixth of the length and one thousand times better.  I've mentioned my love of blending genres.  Electro-metal or electro-alternative come in second to electro-indie (why not electro everything?).  Haven't you heard Korn's "Get Up" with Skrillex.  That was more so-so than another new track from Michigan alternative outfit I See Stars, titled "Filth Friends Unite."

You know it's going to be electrified with the first beep.

I take back what I said before about "NZT48" being different from everything I've heard of I See stars before.  This is the new "different from everything and utterly amazing" track.  Don't think it's strictly electro though.  You still have your growling/clean vocal mix, as well as some lovely heavy guitar action.  But it's that electric element that sets "Filth Friends Unite" from what has come before.  Sorry, Korn and Skrillex, they've got you beat here.

No comments:

Post a Comment